Follow the steps below to sign up for your CLEP exam with remote proctoring.
Before You Start
- Make sure you're eligible. To take a CLEP exam with remote proctoring, you must be :
- 13 years old or older
- Located in the U.S. (excluding U.S. territories) OR DANTES-funded*
- Confirm your computer and testing room meet environment and equipment requirements.
- Get College Board approval for accommodations. If you require accommodations for your exam and have not yet been approved by College Board, you won’t be able to complete your registration. Find out how to submit an accommodations request to College Board Services for Students with Disabilities.
*DANTES-funded test takers are welcome to register now for a CLEP exam with remote proctoring but must wait until mid-May to schedule their remote-proctored exam appointment. If you're a DANTES-funded test taker and need to take your exam prior to mid-May, we recommend you select a CLEP test center as your preferred test center during registration.
How to Register
Select Your CLEP Exam
All 34 CLEP exams can be taken with remote proctoring. Go to the Register for CLEP Exams page to find the exam you’d like to take.
Sign In to CLEP My Account Registration Portal
Sign in to or create your College Board account. Note: The information you enter must exactly match the information on the ID you’ll be using. If your name doesn’t match, you won’t be allowed to test.
Select Your Preferred Test Center
During registration, you'll be asked where you'll be taking your exam. Choose Via remote proctoring and agree to the remote proctoring requirements. If you require accommodations but haven't received College Board approval yet, you won't be able to add accommodations to your registration. Find out about submitting accommodations.
Do a final check of your order. In addition to the CLEP exam fee, you'll be charged $30 for remote proctoring.
- If you have a voucher code, your exam fee will be covered, but you'll need to pay the remote proctoring fee with a credit card.
- If you're a DANTES-funded test taker, you'll see the price has been adjusted to $0.00.
Schedule Your Exam
Within 24 hours after registering for your exam, you'll receive an email confirmation from CLEP with a Ticket ID and a link to the Proctortrack website. Use the Ticket ID to create a Proctortrack account and schedule your remote-proctored exam appointment.
Rescheduling or Canceling Your Exam
- If you no longer want to test with remote proctoring and would prefer to test at a test center, you must contact CLEP Services at 1-800-257-9558 to cancel your registration and log in to Proctortrack up to one hour before your exam to cancel your scheduled appointment.
- If you need to reschedule your appointment, you can do so by logging in to Proctortrack up to one hour before your exam.
- If you're a DANTES-funded candidate who is registered for a CLEP exam with remote proctoring but can't wait until mid-May to take your exam, you must contact CLEP Services at 1-800-257-9558 to cancel your registration and reregister, selecting a CLEP test center as your preferred test center.
CLEP exams and remote proctoring fees are refundable up to seven days from the date of purchase, except for redeemed exams or redeemed remote proctoring sessions. No refunds will be provided after seven days from the date of purchase.