Make sure your computer and testing room meet these requirements before you register for a CLEP exam with remote proctoring. If they don't, you won't be able to test.
- Must be a PC desktop or laptop computer. No Macs, tablets, Chromebooks, or mobile devices.
- Must use the Windows operating system, version 10.
- Must use Chrome browser, version 80.0 or higher.
- Multiple monitors or dual screens are not permitted.
- Download and install the ETS Online Test application on the computer you'll use for the test. (You can find the download file in the Resources section below.) To install the application, navigate to your Downloads folder. Locate the installer (UnifyRPInstaller_PROD.exe), right click on the file, and select Run as Administrator.
- Make sure the computer you'll be using for your exam also meets Proctortrack technical requirements.
Note: Administrative privileges are required on the test delivery computer to download and install the applications. Computer firewalls and security applications can interfere with the test delivery software. If you experience this issue, you may need to disable or reconfigure your applications prior to the test.
- Must use an internal or external speaker.
- Headsets or earphones not allowed.
- An internal or external microphone is required.
- Can use the computer's built-in camera or a separate webcam.
- Camera must be able to be moved to show the proctor a 360-degree view of the room, including your tabletop surface, before the test.
Environment and Testing Space
- You must be alone in a private room with no one else entering during the test.
- You can't take the test in a public space such as a park, internet café, or restaurant.
- The room should not have any maps, periodic tables, posters, charts, and any other materials related to the subject matter of the examination.
Tabletop and Seating
- Your computer and keyboard must be on a desk or other tabletop surface.
- The tabletop and surrounding area must be clear of all items not approved for use during the test.
- You must sit in a standard chair; you can't sit or lie on a bed, couch, or overstuffed chair.
- Food and drink are not allowed during the test unless approved as an accommodation.
- You may not take notes on regular paper, for security purposes.
- You may take notes with:
- a dry erase marker on a whiteboard
- a dry erase marker and one transparent sheet protector.
- If you do not secure one of these approved note-taking surfaces prior to the exam, you will not be able to take notes during the exam, or you will have to reschedule the exam.
- You'll be asked to erase all notes in view of the proctor at the end of the test.
If your computer and testing area meet all of these criteria, you can register for a CLEP exam with remote proctoring.