CLEP Digital Toolkit
Use the materials in this digital toolkit to inform colleagues, students, and parents about CLEP exams. CLEP exams help students get college credit for what they already know for a fraction of the cost of a college course. The program offers a flexible way for students to save time and money while they earn credit toward their degree.
Resources for Educators
Download the resources below to guide your conversations with students about CLEP.
- Identify CLEP Test Takers (.pdf/1.4 MB)
This handout for educators has quick facts about CLEP and offers examples of which students would benefit most from the exams.
- Promote CLEP on Your Campus (.pdf/1.0 MB)
This flyer outlines three key steps educators can take to let students know about CLEP exams.
Resources to Share with Students
Download the materials below, or order free copies from our store. These flyers, brochures, and posters will encourage students to learn more about CLEP exams.
- CLEP and Modern States Flyer
Description: Provides info on how students free online CLEP courses through Modern States and how to earn CLEP credit.
- CLEP Student Email Template
Use copy from this document to email your students about CLEP.
- Take-One Brochure: Shorten Your Path to a College Degree (.pdf/3.6 MB)
Provides program details such as CLEP exam titles and how to register for exams.
- CLEP Poster (.pdf/872 KB)
Hang this poster at your local test center, student services office, or other areas around campus to get the word out about CLEP exams.
- Sample Academic Plans (.pdf/436 KB)
Use these examples to show how CLEP can fit into a student’s semester schedule.
Customizable CLEP Policy Flyer
This flyer includes spaces where you can enter information about testing fees and the number of credits your institution grants for different CLEP exams. Download and start creating your flyer (.pdf/698 KB).
Important notes for customization:
- Use Adobe Acrobat 6.x or later to view the flyer.
- To add a logo:
- Use the following file formats: .jpeg, .gif, or.tiff.
- Click on “Insert Institution Logo”.
- Go to "Tools" and “Edit Text & Images.”.
- Click on “Add Image.”
- Select the image you want to add. You will then be able to resize the image as necessary and place it where you’d like. The blue box surrounding the image will not be visible when printed.
- Unclick “Outline Text & Images” if a box appears around the logo image.
- To Print Double-Sided and Right-Side Up
- Ensure that the printer is set to print on both sides of paper.
- Make sure it’s set to “flip on short edge”.
Promote CLEP on Your Website and on Social Media
Download these banner ads to promote CLEP on your institution’s website
- Instructions on how to use banner ads (.pdf/698 KB)
- CLEP banner ad 160 x 600 (.jpg/91.2 KB)
- CLEP banner ad 300 x 250 (.jpg/82.4 KB)
- CLEP banner ad 728 x 90 (.jpg/39.4 KB)
Social Media Outreach
If your institution has social media accounts that are followed by students and parents, here are some sample messages you can customize and share to let them know about the benefits of CLEP exams:
- CLEP exams are a low-risk way to earn college credit. They take just 90 to120 minutes. There's no penalty if you don’t pass.
- Save time and money in college. With CLEP exams, show what you’ve learned in school or work and earn credit.
- Active military? CLEP exams are a low-risk way to earn college credit. CLEP is free while you’re active military.
- CLEP exams help you earn college credit for what you already know at a fraction of the cost.
- With exams in history, literature, science, math, languages, and more, CLEP can help you earn college credit.
- Whether you're in high school, college, or going back to school, you can use CLEP exams to earn college credit.
- By receiving a qualifying score on CLEP exams, you can earn college credit, save money on tuition, and enter advanced courses sooner.
- CLEP exams help students earn college credit for what they already know.
- CLEP can help students of all backgrounds save time and money on their college journey.
CLEP Online Training Sessions
CLEP has lined up a series of exciting free webinars designed for advisers, faculty, admission officers and testing center professionals. Visit the CLEP Webinars page to view descriptions of upcoming live sessions and to sign up.
This session provides an overview of CLEP. Topics will include CLEP exam rigor and design, the test development process, the benefits CLEP offers to students and institutions, the process of adopting a CLEP policy for your campus, and ideas on publicizing CLEP on campus. This session is designed for advisors, faculty, admission officers, and testing center professionals.
Best Practices in Advising Students about CLEP
In this session we will share best practices for advising students on the availability of CLEP Exams.
Topics will include: how to effectively review and update your existing CLEP policy, how to identify possible candidates for CLEP exams, review of study resources available, and suggestions for publicizing your CLEP policy. This session is particularly beneficial for advisors and faculty with advising responsibilities.
CLEP for Military Service Members
This session will highlight the benefits available to active duty military service members, veterans, and eligible spouses of taking CLEP Exams at no charge. This session is designed for Veterans Affairs Officers, advisors, and faculty with advising responsibilities. This session is recorded and available on demand.
CLEP in High Schools
This session provides an overview of the benefits of CLEP exams for high school students. Topics include the design of CLEP exams, a comparison of CLEP to the College Board AP Program, how CLEP can provide college credit before graduation, and considerations for testing groups of students. This session is designed for high school and district leadership, guidance counselors, and teachers.