The materials below can help inform colleagues, students, and parents about CLEP exams. CLEP exams help students get college credit for what they already know for a fraction of the cost of a college course. The program offers a flexible way for students to save time and money while they earn credit toward their degree.
Resources for Educators
Download the resources below to guide your conversations with students about CLEP.
- Identify CLEP Test Takers (.pdf/1.4 MB)
This handout for educators has quick facts about CLEP and offers examples of which students would benefit most from the exams.
- Promote CLEP on Your Campus (.pdf/1.0 MB)
This flyer outlines three key steps educators can take to let students know about CLEP exams.
- CLEP® and Career and Technical Education (.pdf/115 KB)
This handout created by CLEP and Advance CTE outlines connections between core aspects of CLEP exams and each of the 16 Career Clusters® listed in the National Career Clusters Framework®. The connections serve as a starting point for further discussion to align CLEP exams with local CTE programs of study.
Free CLEP Webinars
Each school year, CLEP offers a series of free webinars for high school and higher education professionals. Please join us for an upcoming session by clicking on the registration links below.
- Develop a High School Program
In this webinar, learn how to incorporate CLEP as an additional college credit opportunity for your high school students.
- Boosting a College-Going Mindset for Latinx Students
This session focuses on research showing the significant impact of earning CLEP credit on Latinx students’ aspirations, mindset, and self-efficacy to pursue a post-secondary degree. Participants will receive CLEP resources to promote and support the Latinx demographic towards post-secondary education.
- CLEP on College/University Campuses
This presentation details research supporting prior learning, CLEP benefits to students and institutions, and resources to share with educators and students.
Session (Click on the link to register)
|Boosting College-going Mindset for Latinx Students||
Friday, November, 13
1 P.M. (Central)
|Develop a High School CLEP Program||Monday, November 23||2 P.M. (Central)|
|CLEP on College/University Campuses||Tuesday, December 8||10 A.M. (Central)|
|Develop a High School CLEP Program||Thursday, December 10||2 P.M. (Central)|
|Develop a High School CLEP Program||Thursday, January 14||10 A.M. (Central)|
|Thursday, January 21||1 P.M. (Central)|
|Develop a High School CLEP Program||Tuesday, February 3||9 A.M. (Central)|
|Wednesday, February 10||9 A.M. (Central)|
Resources to Share with Students
Download the materials below, or order free copies from our store. These flyers, brochures, and posters will encourage students to learn more about CLEP exams.
- CLEP and Modern States Flyer
Provides info on how to access free online CLEP courses through Modern States Education Alliance.
- CLEP Student Email Template
Use copy from this document to email your students about CLEP.
- Take-One Brochure: Shorten Your Path to a College Degree (.pdf/3.6 MB)
Provides program details such as CLEP exam titles and how to register for exams.
- CLEP Poster (.pdf/872 KB)
Hang this poster at your local test center, student services office, or other areas around campus to get the word out about CLEP exams.
- Sample Academic Plans (.pdf/436 KB)
Use these examples to show how CLEP can fit into a student’s semester schedule.
Customizable CLEP Policy Flyer
This flyer includes spaces where you can enter information about testing fees and the number of credits your institution grants for different CLEP exams. Download and start creating your flyer (.pdf/191 KB).
Important notes for customization:
- Use Adobe Acrobat 6.x or later to view the flyer.
- To add a logo:
- Use the following file formats: .jpeg, .gif, or.tiff.
- Click on “Insert Institution Logo”.
- Go to "Tools" and “Edit Text & Images.”.
- Click on “Add Image.”
- Select the image you want to add. You will then be able to resize the image as necessary and place it where you’d like. The blue box surrounding the image will not be visible when printed.
- Unclick “Outline Text & Images” if a box appears around the logo image.
- To Print Double-Sided and Right-Side Up
- Ensure that the printer is set to print on both sides of paper.
- Make sure it’s set to “flip on long edge”.
Promote CLEP on Your Website and on Social Media
Download these banner ads to promote CLEP on your institution’s website
- Instructions on how to use banner ads (.pdf/698 KB)
- CLEP banner ad 160 x 600 (.jpg/91.2 KB)
- CLEP banner ad 300 x 250 (.jpg/82.4 KB)
- CLEP banner ad 728 x 90 (.jpg/39.4 KB)
Social Media Outreach
If your institution has social media accounts that are followed by students and parents, here are some sample messages you can customize and share to let them know about the benefits of CLEP exams:
- Save time and money in college. With CLEP exams, show what you’ve learned in school or work and earn credit.
- Active military? CLEP exams are a low-risk way to earn college credit. CLEP is free while you’re active military.
- CLEP exams help you earn college credit for what you already know at a fraction of the cost.
- Whether you're in high school, college, or going back to school, you can use CLEP exams to earn college credit.
- By receiving a qualifying score on CLEP exams, you can earn college credit, save money on tuition, and enter advanced courses sooner.
CLEP exams help students earn college credit for what they already know.