Sending CLEP Scores and Requesting Transcripts
Scores can be sent to one institution for free during registration, or you can request an official CLEP transcript after exam day for a $20 fee. Transcripts can be ordered by logging in to the CLEP My Account registration portal.
There are three ways to request a transcript in My Account:
- Click on "Request a Transcript" in the dropdown menu under My CLEP Account.
- Click on MyAccount Overview, and you will see a link called "Request a Transcript."
- Click on My CLEP Exam Scores and scroll to the bottom of the page under Order Transcripts. Click on the "Transcript Request" link.
This cumulative transcript covers all CLEP exams you've taken and the scores you earned in the last 20 years. Acceptable forms of payment for transcript orders are debit or credit card ONLY.
You will receive a confirmation email once your transcript request is received. Transcript creation and delivery takes 10–14 business days, and an institution receiving your transcript may take additional time to process your scores once it receives them.
Important Notes About CLEP Transcripts:
- If you want to send transcripts to multiple institutions, you must complete a transcript request for each institution. There's a $20 fee for each transcript ordered.
- Transcript orders are nonrefundable and cannot be canceled or changed.
- If your institution still hasn’t received your scores 15 business days from when you placed your transcript order, you can log in to My Account, go to your transcript order details, and click on resend transcript to resend your scores for free. Note: A transcript resend will have the exact same information as the original transcript request. If you change information from an original transcript request, you will be charged a $20 fee.
- Be sure to verify your institution’s mailing address when entering a custom address. If you enter an incorrect address and need to resend your transcript, you will be charged an additional $20.
Only transcripts for non-DANTES-funded exams may be ordered online via My Account. Test takers ordering official transcripts for DANTES-funded exams must order online using the Parchment Transcript Ordering Service.
Obtaining Transcripts for Military Personnel
A military transcript will include all scores for DANTES-funded CLEP exams taken after July 1, 1974. To obtain a transcript, order online using the Parchment Transcript Ordering Service and pay the required $30 fee.