Where you go to college matters.
Graduation rates, credit-transfer policies, financial aid, and veteran support programs all vary from school to school. Knowing what you want from your education will help you find a school that fits your needs.
Before you start your college search, think about your answers to the following questions:
- Will you need child care?
- Do you want the flexibility of online learning?
- Are you working toward a specialized STEM degree?
- How important are career services?
It's also important to choose a school where you feel "comfortable." Class size, counseling services, and campus culture can all make a big difference for veterans.
The big question is: How do you find that school? A school that will give you what you want and what you need.
The answer? CLEP Search.
What Is CLEP Search?
CLEP Search is a pilot program that's part of the College Board Student Search Service®, a free, voluntary program that’s been connecting students with information about colleges, universities, and scholarships for over 40 years.
CLEP Search is specifically for military-connected students. It makes it easier for colleges with military support services to send information to students who can benefit from them.
Yale, Grand Rapids Community College, and the Posse Foundation are just a few of the schools and organizations you may hear from if you opt in to CLEP Search.
How Does CLEP Search Work?
- You register for a CLEP exam online.
- During registration, you say "yes" to the Student Search Service opt-in question.
- You answer a few questions about your college plans, including what types of schools and majors you're interested in.
- Your answers will be shared by us with participating colleges and organizations that have supports in place to help student veterans succeed in college.
- You'll receive materials from those colleges and organizations.
A Note on Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. We never share sensitive information, like your phone number, social security number, or test scores, and we won’t share any of your information without your consent. Remember: You can opt out of Student Search Service or CLEP Search at any time.
Want More Information?
To learn more about the CLEP Search pilot program, email us at [email protected]. Put CLEP Search Pilot in the subject line.