How It Works
The CLEP bulk purchase program allows schools, districts, employers, and other institutions to cover the costs of CLEP exams for groups of test takers. For the 2020-21 school year, institutions that participate in the bulk purchase program pay $89 per exam taken between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021.
To place an order:
- Log in to the CLEP Resource Center. If you've never logged in to the Resource Center, you'll need to request access by emailing [email protected]. Please insert "CLEP Resource Center for Bulk Purchase" in the subject line, and include your name, institution, title, and email address in the body of the email.
- Once logged in, click on Forms and select Bulk Purchase Order Form from the dropdown list.
- After completing and submitting the form, you'll receive an order confirmation email which will include your order reference number.
- After your order is reviewed and processed, you'll receive another email with a link to download your voucher codes (link expires in 7 days).
For additional ordering details, download the CLEP Online Bulk Voucher Order Instructions.
After you receive your voucher codes:
- Distribute the voucher codes to students who are planning to take a CLEP exam.
- Test takers use the codes to pay for CLEP exams when they register through the standard online registration process.
- After checkout, test takers receive a registration ticket that is valid for six months and can be used at any CLEP testing center.
- Purchasing institutions (except Michigan high schools) are invoiced each month for exams taken during the previous month. Michigan high schools will be invoiced twice per year after the fall and spring semesters.
- High school and district purchasers will also receive a report of test taker scores each month. Starting in September 2020, high school and district purchasers can access 2020-21 CLEP scores online through the K-12 Score Reporting Portal, and monthly score reports will no longer be emailed. Visit the CLEP Institutional Reporting page for more details.
2020-21 Score Reports and Invoice Schedule
|If you tested in:||Score reports will be delivered╪:||Invoice will arrive╪:|
|July 2020||3rd week in August||4th week in August|
|August 2020||Scores available through the K-12 Score Reporting Portal.*||4th week in September|
|September 2020||4th week in October|
|October 2020||4th week in November|
|November 2020||1st week in January|
|December 2020||4th week in January|
|January 2021||4th week in February|
|February 2021||4th week in March|
|March 2021||4th week in April|
|April 2021||4th week in May|
|May 2021||4th week in June|
|June 2021||4th week in July|
╪ Weeks listed are provided as an approximation only and represent the 3rd or 4th full week of a given month.
* Starting in September 2020, high school and district purchasers can access 2020-21 CLEP scores online through the K-12 Score Reporting Portal, and monthly score reports will no longer be emailed.