Benefits of a Test Center
There are many benefits to becoming a CLEP computer-based test center — for your institution and your students.
CLEP was created to help your students:
- Accelerate their college degrees by earning college credit for what they already know
- Advance to more challenging courses
- Save money on tuition costs
A CLEP test center on your campus offers your students and institution:
- Early Success. You can influence potential, high-achieving students to enroll at your institution. With CLEP students can earn up to 12 credits in introductory courses.
- Convenience. An on-campus test center offers your students the convenience of testing in a familiar environment.
- Increase in Revenue. Increased testing volume means increased revenue from administration fees. These fees can translate into funding for equipment, staff and other programs, and can increase your test center's status on campus.
- Instant Score Reports. Credit granting is made fast and easy. Students can make immediate decisions about subsequent course enrollment. Scores can be sent to the registrar’s office electronically.
- Flexibility in test administration. Institutions can use their equipment, which does not have to be dedicated solely to CLEP. Testing centers set their own testing schedule. CLEP CBT can be conducted on a single computer or in a networked environment.
Access forms and documents used by test-center administrators, faculty, registrars and others responsible for CLEP.
Order Free Materials
Keep your students and staff informed about CLEP with an array of free brochures, bulletins, posters and more.
Subscribe to CLEP's quarterly e-mail newsletter for program news and tips.
View Current Issue