Read the Introductory Sociology exam description.
As you read sociology textbooks, take notes that address the following issues, which are fundamental to most questions that appear on the test:
- What is society? What is culture? What is common to all societies, and what is characteristic of American society?
- What are other basic concepts in sociology that help to describe human nature, human interaction and the collective behavior of groups, organizations, institutions and societies?
- What methods do sociologists use to study, describe, analyze and observe human behavior?
CLEP Introductory Sociology Examination Guide
Add to Cart
2013 CLEP Official Study Guide
Add to Cart
- Alexander and Thompson, A Contemporary Introduction to Sociology: Culture and Society in Transition (Paradigm)
- Andersen and Taylor, Sociology: The Essentials (Wadsworth)
- Brinkerhoff et al., Essentials of Sociology (Wadsworth)
- Brym and Lie, Sociology: Your Compass for a New World, Brief Edition (Wadsworth)
- Curry et al., Sociology for the Twenty-First Century (Prentice Hall)
- Ferris and Stein, The Real World: An Introduction to Sociology (W. W. Norton)
- Giddens et al., Essentials of Sociology (W.W. Norton)
- Henslin, Essentials of Sociology (Allyn & Bacon)
- Hughes and Kroehler, Sociology: The Core (McGraw-Hill)
- Macionis, Society: The Basics (Prentice Hall)
- Newman and O'Brien, Sociology: Exploring the Architecture of Everyday Life (Pine Forge)
- Schaefer, Sociology: A Brief Introduction (McGraw-Hill)
- Stark, Sociology (Wadsworth)
- Sullivan, Introduction to Social Problems (Allyn & Bacon)
- Thompson and Hickey, Society in Focus: An Introduction to Sociology (Allyn & Bacon)
- Tischler, Introduction to Sociology (Wadsworth)
- Witt, SOC (McGraw-Hill)
CLEP® Introductory Sociology Examination Guide
[PDF Download] The Introductory Sociology exam assesses knowledge of the material presented in a one-semester introductory sociology course.
Want to get a feel for the tests? Try out sample questions from actual CLEP exams in the subject of your choice.
Find out if your institution accepts CLEP.