Human Growth and Development
Parents and others who work with children may have gained some preparation for this test through experience. However, knowledge of the basic facts, theories and principles of child psychology and development is necessary to provide background for taking the exam.
You may find it helpful to supplement your reading with books and articles listed in the bibliographies found in most developmental psychology textbooks.
CLEP Human Growth and Development Examination Guide
Add to Cart
2013 CLEP Official Study Guide
Add to Cart
- Berger, The Developing Person Through the Life Span (Worth)
- Berk, Exploring Lifespan Development (Allyn & Bacon)
- Berryman et al., Developmental Psychology and You (Wiley)
- Boyd and Bee, Lifespan Development (Allyn & Bacon)
- Brown, Developmental Psychology: A Course Companion (SAGE)
- Craig and Dunn, Understanding Human Development (Prentice Hall)
- Feldman, Development Across the Life Span (Prentice Hall)
- Harris and Butterworth, Developmental Psychology: A Student's Handbook (Psychology Press)
- Kail and Cavanaugh, Human Development: A Life-Span View (Wadsworth)
- Newman and Newman, Development Through Life: A Psychosocial Approach (Wadsworth)
- Papalia et al., Human Development (McGraw-Hill)
- Sigelman and Rider, Life-Span Human Development (Wadsworth)
- Santrock, Essentials of Life-Span Development (McGraw-Hill)
- Slater and Bremner, An Introduction to Developmental Psychology (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Thornton, Understanding Human Development (Macmillan)
CLEP® Human Growth and Development Examination Guide
[PDF Download] The Human Growth and Development exam covers theories and research related to physical, cognitive, and social development.
Want to get a feel for the tests? Try out sample questions from actual CLEP exams in the subject of your choice.
Find out if your institution accepts CLEP.