Read the American Government exam description.
- Bardes et al., American Government and Politics Today: The Essentials (Wadsworth)
- Edwards et al., Government in America: Brief Edition (Longman)
- Fiorina et al., America's New Democracy (Longman)
- Ginsberg and Lowi, American Government: Freedom and Power (W.W. Norton)
- Jacobson and Kernell, The Logic of American Politics (Congressional Quarterly)
- Janda et al., The Challenge of Democracy (Wadsworth)
- O'Brien et al., Government by the People (Prentice Hall)
- O'Connor and Sabato, American Government: Continuity and Change (Longman)
- Patterson, The American Democracy (McGraw-Hill)
- Welch et al., Understanding American Government: The Essentials (Wadsworth)
- Wilson, American Government (Wadsworth)
- Wolf et al., Keeping the Republic: Power and Citizenship in American Politics (Congressional Quarterly)
Want to get a feel for the tests? Try out sample questions from actual CLEP exams in the subject of your choice.
Find out how many credits you can earn.
University of Kentucky
Accepting credit for 29 CLEP tests.